Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

I have had extremely painful abdomen pains, is it an ectopic pregnancy ?

Could anyone help me, I have put this under pregnancy because its the only thing i can think it might be. I have been taking a new contraceptive pill for the last 3 months now called Qlaira. I had a normal period after the first month of taking the tablets. Since then I have missed one period and late on my second, I am sexually active and have been on antibiotics and also accidental missed a few tablets. When I realised I missed the tablets I followed the instructions of the packet and stopped taking that packet and started a new one. However over the last few weeks I have been experiencing pregnancy like symptoms, for example breast tenderness, breast getting bigger, nausea but no sickness, fatigue, increase in appetite, therefore after reading a forum on a website I have stopped taking my pill as I am frightened that if I am pregnant it will harm the baby. Over the last week I have had extremely painful abdomen pains, and I am worried it is an ectopic pregnancy. I do have an appointment with my doctor next week but I am very anxious for some advice.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Aug 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  590
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Have you done the Urine pregnancy test yet ? Since you missed one period and late on the second one, chances of being pregnant is high. Abdominal cramping and pain may happen in even early normal pregnancy so do not worry about it being ectopic.Whether it is ectopic or not will be judged through ultra sound only. So meet your doctor after doing the pregagncy test at home.
Answered: Thu, 20 Aug 2009
  Anonymous's Response
Unless it is a confirmd pregnancy by the kit and by an initial ultra sound,there is no need to stop the OP. since you have already stopped OP then you are doing the right thing by meeting the doctor.You can get the home test done first.
Answered: Thu, 20 Aug 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor