Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I have had cough for about 4 months. Is that any indication of a problem ?

Hi. I have had cough for about 4 months, went back to the dr for a physical and re-addressed the cough. I also have a pulsing seeming to be just under my sternum that almost feels like a balloon. It doesn t hurt but I can feel it, almost as if it is bigger, at times. They ran a chest xray and 24 hrs later called me that they found something that could be a mass, aneurysm. blood clot or just blood vessels. I am freaking out. someone will call me to schedule at CT. My great aunt (maternal) had a thoracic aneurysm. My blood pressure was 122/60 at my appt on Thursday. Is that any indication of a problem
Asked On : Sat, 25 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  247
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Oncologist 's  Response
The answer is that yes, this may be a problem and your doctors are doing the right thing by progressively working toward the diagnosis. The CT scan will allow them to see the soft tissues inside your chest including your heart, lung and blood vessels and will give them a better idea of what is going on. If it is indeed a mass, they can arrange for a biopsy. If it is a vascular issue, you may be referred to a vascular specialist. Try and relax until the CT is done unless you have other worrisome symptoms which develop between now and then.
Answered: Sat, 25 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor