Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

I have had a pulsatile heartbeat whooshing sound continuously in my right ear for almost 2 years. What to do ?

I have had a pulsatile heartbeat whooshing sound continuously in my right ear for almost 2 years now and no sign of getting better. I have been to an ENT who said he could see nothing wrong inside my ear but I know I can hear it and it drives me crazy sometimes. I have to put cotton in my ear at night to dull the noise somewhat so I can sleep. He ran a hearing test and only a small change from right to left ear. I m tired of being told everything is normal when I know it is not. You should not hear a sound in your ear all the time---day and night. Help me pleae.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  971
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You have not mentioned your age, sex, height, weight. Do you get frequent headaches and blurring of vision. Pulsatile tinnitus can be used to describe your symptom. It can be caused by a variety of conditions like a carotid aneurysm, benign intracranial hypertension, giant cell arteritis. But most of the time it is a subjective sensation and could be normal as well. It would be best to consult a Neurologist to rule out the above conditions, which once treated will not trouble you again in this manner.
Answered: Mon, 1 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor