I have had a pain in the groin area for

I have had a pain in the groin area for a very long time. It hurts when I hike uphill almost all the time. when I stop and rest it goes away for a time/sometimes. it gets so intense that I have no strength in my right leg. I can't walk. I've had it explained this way: a soccer player kicks the ball with the instep of their foot. One of the muscles/tendons dominates the other causing the foot to turn to the right. When I bike for many miles; no problem. My foot can't turn outward. I don't know what to do. exercises don't seem to help
Any suggestions course of action what help. I don't want to be restricted
in my activities.
Sat, 6 Oct 2018