I have had a lump in my left arm pit for over a year, what could be the reason for this?

Hello, I am 24 and have had a lump in my left arm pit for over a year. I really discovered a new one on my right arm pit (new one much smaller) I went to my Doctor a while ago who prescribed flucloxacillin, which did not make a difference to the size of either lump. I have been for an ultrasound today. The lump on my left armpit is around 1.5 - 2 cms in size, the right is smaller. The lump looked dark in the ultrasound with a faint border. The sonographer suggested a biopsy which the my Doctor will arrange once he receives the report. I was wondering if you could tell me what the possibilities are for these lumps (what could they be?) Based on my description of the ultrasound, what do you think? Hope you can help, thanks. ***Doctor just called and wants me to have a biospy asap, any chance this isn t bad news***
Tue, 17 May 2011