Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

I have had a herniated disc, please suggest

I am a 46 year old male with a herniated disc L3-4 measuring 12mm in length and transverse deminsion of 9x5 mm also concentric bulging disc L4-5 and L5-S1. It happend 14 weeks ago Iwent through PT for about 5 weeks doing the mckenzie method. that didnt really help, It started feeling better after i stopped. My doctor told me when he does surgery on me he will have to do a fusion. my pain is managable, I am not currently taking any meds. I am not getting any better. What do i do from here? I am a runner and have started running a little, should i be running? my PT told me I could. How do I get the Pain to go away?

Asked On : Fri, 12 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  389
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Health Care Magic
if your symptoms disrupt your life, example, interfering even with shopping, you need surgery. You can walk and run. But do no stretch your back to extremes.
I recommend surgery if pain is not controlled.

Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Sat, 13 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor