Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I have fibriods and also Rh-negative. Can I have a child?

I am 33 yr old and have fibriods and I m also Rh-negative, I have one child and want another. I had complications with my first child and also had 2 miscarriges. Would this make me high risk?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
The risk varies with the type and size of fibroid. If large and/or multiple then more risk. Regarding Rh negative pregnancy, you need to get the Anti-D or Rho-Gam injection. It is given by intramuscular injection as part of modern routine antenatal care at about 28 weeks of pregnancy, and within 72 hours after childbirth. You need to get ultrasound of your foetus regularly which can monitor if any damage is there to the fortus along with doppler testing. Most pregnancies risk is less if the injection is taken. Kindly speak with your Obstetrician regarding the risk in your case and possible ways to prevent foetal risk.
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor