Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

I have fasting blood sugar, what should I do ?

my blood sugar level at fsting is 109 and after two hours of meal is 199 what should i do i amforty years male.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  396
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Homeopath 's  Response
Hi greetings from health care magic
You fasting blood sugar is within the normal range But the Post pandial is higher, It should be within 140. So you have insulin resistance Type - 2 Dibetes mellitus. You should consult with any internal medicine for detail treatment. thank you
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
Hi. Welcome to HealthcareMagic. You readings are suggestive of prediabetes. Please consult a doctor so that the needful planning and medicine regime can be worked out for you. I completely agree that metformin can be initiated. For your information if we can initiate treatment at this stage then you might be able to avoid a lot of complications and lead a good life. Take care
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Nasiramc, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
Your PP glucose levels are high, but you should know that according to latest guidelines-- YOUR FASTING LEVEL OF 109 IS ALSO HIGH-- it should be less than 100. So an FBS value of 100-125 is considered prediabetes/impaired glucose tolerance [as suggested by Dr Gautam & Dr Jagdish]. Please Consult a physician & start treatment. Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi welcome to

Your post prandial blood sugar is high. You need two values! If they are high you can consider it as Diabetes and get the treatment. You can start Metformin 500mg BID and stay on Diabetic Diet.

You also need other diabetic care, consult physician. I will also recommend Dietary consultation regarding diabetic diet.

Regards Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor