Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I have dry skin & dermographism. I have fungal growth in groin area past from one month I am suffering this.

I am 27 old man, i have dry skin & dermographism. I have fungal growth in groin area past from one month i am suffering this . After scratching in that area produces little sweat(wetness) in that area ? There is a black patches also. This is the first time. Please help ?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  474
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi treatment for fungal infection is need to use antifungal treatments that are applied directly to your skin in the infected area.There are some steps you can take to prevent fungal skin infection. You should:
dry your skin carefully after bathing
wear loose fitting clothes and underwear
choose cotton socks and natural fibre underwear to allow your skin to breathe
not share towels, hair brushes, and combs
wash bed linen and clothes often to get rid of fungal spores,wear synthetic fibres that 'wick' the sweat away from the body, helping to keep your skin dry, if you're exercising
If you have diabetes, you need to keep your blood sugar levels under control.
Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
better you consult skin specialist and get proper treatment
with proper diagnosis and proper treatment hope you should become all right
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy's  Response
hi gretings from health care magic
the groin area is generally sweat and deprive of free air and light. so there is maximum chance of fungal infection. always wear dry and washed under wear. spray any anti fungal powder like candid powder. when you are at home try to wear loose cloth. if still it is not getting any improvement then can consult to any dermatologist. Homeopathy also helps alot in those cases . so can take homeopathy treatment too. Thank you
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
Seems like you have got fungal infection over groins...use tab fluconazole 150mg once a wk for 4 wks... apply ketoconazole cream locally ...For itching you can take tab cetrizine (10mg)..daily once for 7 days...this would help you good.
Take care,
Answered: Fri, 11 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor