Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have dry patches on my foot. how to get rid of these ?

i need your help doctor i have dry patches on my foot from past years and its not recovering by any type of medicine. its just my left foot when extremely dry whites scalp of skin falls with burning sensation and redness present help me for this....
Asked On : Wed, 25 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  310
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

You need to investigate this properly.You should first get a KOH examination done for fungus.Usually fungal infections are seen on one foot only .Associated with itching and burning sensation.In such a case you should first take an oral anti fungal tablet along with the cream and notice the difference .If in initial 2 weeks you respond good then you should continue the medicine for another 2 weeks .This would completely cure the lesion.
If you don't respond to this then probably you have an eczema,which needs topical steroids.
And if you still don't respond ,then you should get a skin biopsy done to rule out any tubercular infection.

For all this you need to consult a dermatologist who can assess your problem and treat you.

I hope this answers your question,if you any further query ,i'll be happy to reply.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor