Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I have doubt that my son is having diabetes, please suggest me

My son is 4yrs old an I think he might have diabetes I noticed for a while he is always thursty he can have a bowl of cereal an want cup of water or he will dunk his food in water an then eat it what should I do I dont understand please help
Asked On : Sat, 17 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  450
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
IF THE CHILD HAS A STRONG FAMILY HISTORY OF DIABETES i.e. eitber mom or dad is diabetic or mother had diab dhring preg or when born baby was large size.......then there is such a risk .nevertheless a blood sugar screening now and later after 6 mths if needed can rule out diabetes
Answered: Tue, 29 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

If you are having such a doubt then do report to your Pediatrician and get it confirmed. He shall be subjected to a blood test and also serum insulin levels. Depending the results, a conclusion could be drawn.

Answered: Thu, 22 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor