Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

I have done cosmetic teeth surgery & i usually have fever

hi i am 19 year old female. my teeth were crooked and braces did not work out so i underwent for a cosmetic teeth surgery . the doctor did not explain me before that he would root canal my front six teeth and cut them very short. he also sliced my back tooth a bit saying that it will correct my bite. i am very depressed.i have caps on my original six teeth now.but the process was also not done led to swelling of gums so i had to go for a gum surgery and now i am going for a re root canal for all the complaint is that my eye and jaw hurt a lot.i dont know why. since the time i have done this surgery i usually have fever . its been almost 3 months now..have i ruined my life ? do many people do such cosmetic teeth surgery ? please help..i am very depressed...thankyou
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Answers:  9 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Dentist, Prosthodontics 's  Response
i think your RCT is not properly done thats why all the problem is there re RCT should be done and about your pain you should take medicine to subside your problem. take cifadroxil 500mg 1 tab twice a day and serratiopeptidase 10mg 1 tab thrice a day and voveron SR 1 tab once a day. it will help in reducing the pain and get the IOPA xray to see any pathology and if needed go for Re RCT.
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Vishal Jain's  Response

I am really sorry to hear about your problem.
First thing i want to tell you that there is hardly any case that cannot be treated by braces. If he has done the cosmetic treatment for you, that has also not done properly. you are getting the swelling on the face because the infection is still there is the root canal and as it proliferate it gives you the pain, swelling and discharge.

For that also you went for the apicocectomy procedure in which he has reflected the gums and cleaned the root tip for removal of all the infection.

Normally if this procedure has been done perfectly the problem will get subsided.
Kindly take the follow up and get an IOPA done every 3 month to check the bone formation or to check if it is not healing.

I suggest you to take a second opinion from an endodontist.

Dr. Vishal Jain, Vitaldent, Faridabad.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Inderpreet Singh's  Response
did u go for braces or removable orthodontic treatment ? and for how long ?
it is surprising to see that braces did not work. seems like the treatment was not planned and you were not in adept hands.
nevertheless the treatment you have undergone is not new and in fact routine.
infection suggests that the rct was not done successfully.
go for an iopa xray or an opg which will tell exactly which teeth are infected and need to be re treated.
you could think of changing your dentist if this doesn't work out.
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Yogesh Tripathi's  Response
the cause of pain in the area you described suggests that that the root canal procedure done was not correct and theres` some infection left in the root of those teeth
now what i would suggest is that you get a radiogarph of your teeth done and than fix an appointment with an endodontist who will clarify the situation and will get re rct done for you
in the meanwhile what you can do to subside the infection is that you may take following
1.levofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for 5 days
2.metronidazole 400 mg twice daily for 3 days
3.combiflame twice daily for 5 days
also you need to do a lot of luke warm saline rinses
and for the later half of your query
yes if the orthodontic treatment is not successful (mostly due to age factor )than dentists go for cosmetic rehabilitation of anterior teeth but there are`nt so many complications as is in your case
anyways ,stay calmed ,a good dentist (endodontist for rct and prosthodontic for crownplacement )will help you come out of your trouble
best of luck
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

I am very sorry to hear about the problem, i suppose that you have developed reinfection in your root canal treated tooth. I would suggest you to get an x-ray done.
Also take a second opinion, if required you can go re-RCT of the tooth.
Take a course of antibiotics and analgesics under the prescription of your Dentist.
At home take antiseptic mouthwash and lukewarm saline rinses.
Maintain a good oral hygiene.

Hope this helps out,

Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. E. Bharathikannan's  Response
sorry to hear that you have suffered a lot. leave the past , the root canal treatment (rct) may not have been properly done i suspect. do you have pain in the rct treated teeth? please take a OPG (full mouth x ray) and check for any infection & success of treated rct. if rct have failed then re-rct can be attempted. dont lose hope. go to a trustable dentist , everything can be solved dont worry. take care.
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
  User's Response
First of all I am surprised why Braces didn't work for your problem? Since you are a teenager,orthodontic treatment should have worked.Either you haven't followed the treatment properly by missing appointments or there is some obvious reasons.
Cosmetic surgery is usually done as a short cut for very busy people who do not have the time for prolonged treatment like orthodontics. Whatever procedure your dentist has followed is done by many with success. But may be the way it has been done is questionable?
Don't lose heart.Just go for a second opinion.
Take care

Answered: Sun, 7 Aug 2011
Dentist Dr. Jenkins sahayam P's  Response
kindly post only your teeth photos ( front smile)that i might help
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor