Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I have discomfort under my right jaw and pressure in my right ear

i have discomfort under my right jaw and pressure in my right ear. i do not have swollen lymph nodes or an ear infection i am a 38 year old female with mild discomfort under my right jaw. I have pressure in my right ear and occassional shoots of numbness in my right check. I have no swollen lymph nodes and MD states no ear infection.. what could this be? she prescribed a steriod nasel spray for possible sinus infection, what do you think?
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  308
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. If your discomfort is under your right jaw, it may also be right sub mandibular salivary gland involvement. If your discomfort is behind your jaw, it may be right parotid salivary gland involvement. Get a USG (Ultra Sono Graphy) Neck done to identify whether it is the parotid, sub mandibular salivary gland or lymph nodes associated with them which are involved. Sub mandibular duct stones are usually visible on x-ray.

2. Your right ear discomfort may be a referred sensation or right eustachian tube dysfunction. Get an Impedance Audiogram (I/A) done to rule out right eustachian tube dysfunction secondary to sinuitis.

3. Numbness over the right cheek will be due to involvement of the infraorbital nerve which runs through the roof of the maxillary sinus and may be involved due to sinusitis of the right maxillary sinus. Get a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) done to identify the affected sinuses..
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You probably have a parotid gland enlargement. You need to get evaluated by a Surgeon in this regard to see if there is a stone blocking the salivary gland duct. Avoid eating spicy or hot food. Drink enough water.
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor