Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I have diagnose 16mm endometrial, Is it any other treatment beside operation ?

Dear Doctor, I have diagnose on the 11th Nov 16mm endometrial. my period started 20 october for 6 days or so. the doctor want to clean out the lining through operation, but I m concert will it be thick again after the operation, and what if the operation will cost infection ? Is it any other treatment beside operation ? looking forward to your asker. Many thanks, Sally
Asked On : Sat, 13 Nov 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  2643
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dr.Khaleel . India ,Mob - 9902596161 ,

Phase Days Thickness Epithelium
menstrual phase 1-4 thin absent
proliferative phase 4-14 intermediate columnar
secretory phase 15-28 thick columnar
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Khaleel Ahmed.Manik's  Response
Hyperplasia or thickened endometrium is a condition, where the lining of the uterus becomes too thick. The thickened endometrium lining leads to abnormal bleeding. Thickened endometrium causes are too much estrogen in the body, irregular menstrual cycle and deficiency of progesterone. The thickened endometrium or hyperplasia is a non-cancerous condition.

Classification of Thickened Endometrium
The glands forming cells of the hyperplastic endometrium undergo changes when they are predisposed to the cancerous formation. There are two types of endometrial hyperplasia:
Hyperplasia without atypical changes
Hyperplasia with atypical changes
In case of atypical changes, the cells are changed and become abnormal. This increases the risk of developing womb cancer.

Symptoms of Thickened Endometrium
The symptoms of thickened endometrium include:
Vaginal discharge
Bleeding between menstrual cycle
Heavy and prolonged menstrual periods
Pain in the abdomen
Pelvic pain
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Khaleel Ahmed.Manik's  Response
Diagnosis of Thickened Endometrium
The diagnosis of thickened endometrium depends on your age and how long have you been suffering from thickened endometrium. The doctor may carry out a biopsy before carrying out thickened endometrium treatment and also to rule out cancer.

Thickened Endometrium Treatment
Endometrial hyperplasia or thickened endometrium can be treated with medication in many cases. Birth control pills or hormone progesterone is usually given as medication for thickened endometrium treatment. Most often hysterectomy is advised as thickened endometrium treatment. Many times hyperplasia may lead to cancer and therefore the doctor may observe you for some time, if you do not undergo hysterectomy. Read more on women's health.

This was some information on thickened endometrium. There is significant risk factor involved with endometrial hyperplasia or thickened endometrium for endometrial cancer. Speak to your doctor regarding the condition and make sure you follow the treatment advised to avoid complications.
Answered: Sun, 22 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor