Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I have developed fissure

I am 60 yrs old,152 cms weight 80 kgs. I have developed fissure in ano for the last one month. The external application and antibiotic prescribed by the doctor has not alleviated the problem . Burning sensation after passing stool continues .Please advice.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  1038
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
As you said that you are having your complain for 1 month, you have tried all medical line of treatment and still there is no benefit then you should in for surgery for fissure in ano, also known as lateral sphincterotomy.
So, consult a surgeon regarding your problem.
Best wishes for your health.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
first thing to see that there should not be any constipation and take suitable medicine so that evacuation is easy .you can take duphalac 30/45ml every night
anobliss ointment you can apply 3 to 4 times internally
before evacuation apply xylocaine gelly 2%internally to get releif from burning sensation
if conservative treatment fails consult surgeon and get treatment may be some minor procedure to treat your ailments
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor