Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

169 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have deep pocket near my last tooth and it smells and bleeds. Is surgery necessary ?

I have a deep pocket formed near my last tooth which bleeds and smells badly.What tablets or what type of surgery to be done?
Sun, 21 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
It should be examined by a dentist. A scaling around the tooth would remove deposits in the pocket. If the problem is constant then it is better to get it removed.
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
the "pocket" can be either due to caries between your last tooth and the one before it or it can be an infetion of your gum.... please visit your dentist and get an xray done for it... looking at the condition of your tooth and the bone support a treatment plan will be suggested to you..
take care..
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The pocket in tooth with bad smell is because of infection of tooth that is the reason it bleeds .Please consult a Dental surgeon who will examine you and prescribe soma antibiotic which will control the infection and after that the dental surgeon will decide whether the tooth should be extracted or it can be conserved by doing a filling.Please consult and discuss with a Dental surgeon.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....