Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

I have constantly increasing power in my left eye. what should I do now ?

hello, i was working in a software company. i hav cylindrical power. wen i sit for an hour in computer i hav eye pain, especially around the eye and i have constantly increasing power in my left eye. where as my right eye has constant power. what should i do now and whom to contact. pl help me out.
Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Astigmatism is an optical defect in which vision is blurred due to the inability of the optics of the eye to focus a point object into a sharp focused image on the retina....The corrective lenses needed when astigmatism is present are called Toric lenses and have an additional power element called a cylinder. They have greater light-bending power in one axis than in others. Your eyecare professional will perform precise tests during your eye examination to determine the ideal lens prescription. Refractive surgery may be able to correct some forms of astigmatism.
  User's Response
thank you so much for ur comment.
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
for management of such cases you can start with improved general health,at least yearly checkups,and correct glasses or contact lenses will help.of course your doctor will check you up to see in case you have any other problem.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor