Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

I have cold sensation on left side, what could be the reason of this?

Hi, I am Jaime, 34 years old, female. I have this strange cold sensation in my left hand as I am typing now. 2 weeks before this as well as yesterday night, I have kind of pain/numb inside the head starting from below the eye all the way to the back of the head - on the left side only. Then I feel cold and slight numb on the legs and hand. My heart is beating fast too. It scares me that I may get a stroke or heart attack , I sat up and dare not sleep. Then I thought it maybe because I a hasn t have much food that day, so I went to have a drink and some bread. It gets just slightly better and I doze off. From 2 weeks ago when it happen until now, my left hands and legs would feel this cold sensation off and on. And everytime this happens whether its in the head or hand or leg, I feel like going to poo (most of the time, I poo-ed). I am getting worried (very worried) and would like to schedule a doctor s visit. But what doctor should I be visiting? And what could be wrong with me? Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 3 May 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  1685
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
from ur complain i dont think that u have any serious problem
do exercise regularly and eat healthy diet.
dont sit or stand in one position for long time.
change ur position frequently.
drink more water
it may be due to anxiety or compression of nerve.
if u want to consult ,neurologist will help u best
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response

Do not get worried.. as per given history there is not a major problem..
the numbness sense can be due to slight nerve compression..
stroke are not common at your age... fisrt you need to be clinically evaluated..]
consult a physician...
Answered: Tue, 3 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Thank you very much for the feedback Dr. Gaurav and Dr. Anand. It worries me most when it all seems to happen only on one side (left). I went to see a doctor (GP) just before checking for reply here, and the doc prescribed me with Princi-B Fort after checking that my BP and heart rate is normal with no irregularity. (I thought I would be sent for ECG or MRI-scan!)
Thanks again.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
Anesthesiologist Dr. Dilip.Shah.'s  Response
First chseck B.P.Rule out Hypertension. you told ,after some bread pieces, u had it may be Hypoglycemia.So keep frequent meal rather than fasting.Check Blood sugar.Yor heart beats are fasten, it suggest that your are very hypersensitive person.So looks nervous.So take some anti anxiety medicine.If B.P.,Blood Sugar,E.C.G are O.K.your arms and leg muscles are not weak then do n't worry.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Anesthesiologist Dr. Dilip.Shah.'s  Response
you have chest pain. it looks ,some thing is inside and not disturbing your daily activity.Please do Chest X-Ray to rule out any pathology In Lung,Bony may be some calcified patches or old pleaural fibrosis. your symptom may be your old diseases.So you can rule out any major past problem.So check with physician.It has no relation with any burning pain,vomting,Heart beat,giddiness, keep all symptom in mind
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor