Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

I have cold problem

Hi, I have cold problem. This happens frequently. Consulted one of nearby doctors he said my nose is not straight, is that some thing to worry about..
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  584
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
You have been probably suffering from allergic rhinitis.
Controlling dust and dust mites. For example, dust regularly and wash bed linens in hot water.
Controlling animal dander and other pet allergens. One way to do this is to restrict pets to certain areas of your home.
Controlling indoor molds. Clean bathtubs and showers monthly.
you may try taking over-the-counter allergy medicines to relieve symptoms. You can treat a stuffy nose by using decongestants or nasal steroid spray or cleaning your nasal passages with saline solution (salt water).
Please consult with your physician for final opinion.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Answered: Sat, 29 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Nasal septum deviation is a common physical disorder of the nose, involving a displacement of the nasal septum.In most cases a deviated septum can be corrected with a minor surgical procedure known as a septoplasty in which the surgeon enters through the nostrils and cuts away the obtruding matter. The surgery is performed quickly (it takes around 1 hour) but the patient may take one to three weeks to fully recover.

Answered: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

one of my friend was also suffering from the same problem.You might be having Deviated nasal septum. it is a treatable deformity. ENT specialist can do a surgical intervention to correct it.

Answered: Thu, 28 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor