Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I have chronic diarrhea, have taken Orin

Hello Doctor , I am 51 years old with chronic stomach problems. I have periodic bouts of diarrhea with acute cramps and pain. I was on Nexium in the US. After coming to India (though I take complete precaution of water etc) my diarrhea has become worse. I just took Orin for three days with Omez. I am worried that this is getting out of hand and could lead to something more serious. Please help. Thanks Dev
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  166
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since when are you having this problem. Is there any blood in stool. Any jaundice, itching. Have you done a colonoscopy. Try to keep away from wheat, spicy food, milk and milk products. See if there is imporvement. You could be having IBS or Coeliac disease in my opinion. If it improves with avoiding wheat, barley, oats then you could be having Coeliac disease which will improve if you stay away from these food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water.
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you for your prompt response. I did have a colonscopy about 2 years back. All was good. Can you pplease recommend some medicine. I will take your advice on vegetables and fruits. What vegetables and fruits do you recommend?
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 22 Jul 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor