Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

I have calcaneal valgus and recently my calcaneus bone started to form a spine

I am 20 years old girl. Since one year i had many problem about wearing proper shoes. I have calcaneal valgus and recently my calcaneus bone started to form a spine, i have bought a silicone shoe but new bone formation is occuring in the medial site of my first mathatars.please help me.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  270
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
You are having calcaneal spur which can be treared both conservatively and surgically depending on the severity of disease, i strongly suggest you minimise the activities which will aggravate injury to foot, use prefabricated orthotics which will support foot, do calf muscle excercise, use 90 degree splint to foot at night. local injectable steroids may releive a pain. consult orthopedician for further management.
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor