I have been tested positive for BOOP and I am on prednisone. Is there any possibility of being misdiagnosed with BOOP ?

I am a 41 yr old female, 5 8 and at a lovely 279 thanks to the prednisone that I have been on since December of 2010 when I was diagnosed with BOOP. Within the past 8 yrs I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia , chronic fatigue syndrome, have problems with my hormones (more testerone than estrogen), already showing signs of arthritiis and blood work showing early stages of rheumatiod arthritis , ugh! Too add to this list I also suffer from IBS, migraines and I am a terrible sleeper. My GI Dr recently stated to me that he doesn t support the diagnosis of BOOP and believes that it s acid reflux(which I have been under his care/treatment for atleast 5 yrs). Despite the fact that after testing positive with a tissue lung biopsy and showing up on xrays and also showing scar tissue in the lungs while being treated on prednisone since Dec 2010 and still on prednisone. Is there any possibility of being misdiagnosed with BOOP when it could just actually be acid reflux?
Mon, 16 May 2011