Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have been suffering very painful periods for the last 5yrs

hi i am 22yr of age. i have been suffering very painful periods for the last 5yrs. i have had ultrasound examination wich has resulted in my consultant informing that i have a subseptate uterus . i am waiting for a laparoscopy perceedure on the 16 may to identify if i have endermeitrosis. my concern is that my consultant has said they will not treat my subseptate issue until i decide to try get pregnant. im worndering whether to ask for referral to have a hysteroscopy and thus hopefully avoid possibility of future possible miscarriage . please can you give me some advice.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  196
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You can ask for a hysteroscopy as it is comparatively safer procedure and your condition can also be treated by hysteroscopy.If you are not planning for any pregnancy till may then you can wait and see the results of laparoscopy.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor