Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I have been suffering pain in my Upper abdominal, please advise me

I have been sick for 2 weeks. Been to the ER 3 times (admitted once for 24hours and then released with no diagnosis). It started as severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Then I became very dehydrated and had to go to the er for fluids. A few days later began to experience upper abdominal pain and back pain. Test in the hospital ruled out pancreatitis. I'm in severe pain even with strong pain meds. The hospital won't admit me to find the cause of the pain. I could use any advice you have.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  475
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
If you have both abdominal pain specially if it is in the upper central part along with
back pain then it could be a referred pain from stomach. Get yourself checked with
gastroentrologist. Alternatively you can have ocid ( omeperazole ) 20 mgs with domperidone both twice a day and see if it relieves your pain. If this doesn't help you than you need to see orthopaedic surgeon.
Dr G.S.L.Gupta, F.R.C..S.
Answered: Sat, 24 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response

Where is the pain, is it on the right side, left side or central? You can live chat with the doctor here to discuss the issue in detail.

Answered: Tue, 12 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor