is a condition in which there is a deposition of amyloid protein on the skin or certain organs. The deposition of proteins
in the organs are serious conditions and require extensive investigations and treatment.
In macular amyloidosis, for easier understanding protein gets deposited under the skin, which gives rise to skin which is itchy, brown with rippled macules (these are skin lesions which are not raised above the skin level). In the lower limbs
, it is generally seen in the form of papules.Skin lesions usually occur on the chest, between the shoulder blades and sometimes the arms. Various incriminating factors which might cause this are genetics, sunlight, and friction.
Macular amyloidosis, does respond to homeopathy
but not to a very great extent. By this I mean, the rate at which it spreads can be controlled, but the existing lesions might not disappear completely with the medicines. The hyper pigmentation fades off gradually, with first changes of improvement noticed by the reducing thickness of the skin.
Along with it certain precautions are very important-
1) Do not use a scrubber, loofah while bathing, as friction in any form is known to be detrimental.
2) While applying cream or lotions, do not rub the area (friction) just apply it very gently.
3) Use a sunscreen, to all the exposed areas.
4) A light moisturizer is helpful for dryness of the skin.
5) If the skin itches a lot, apply cream or ice to relieve the itching, rather than scratching( avoid having long nails)
I would suggest you visit an experienced homeopath for treatment.
Hope this has answered your queries. If still in doubt , feel free to write back!!!