Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

I have been suffering from lumbar spondylolysis

hi, i am 33 yr old female, i have been suffering from lumbar spondylolysis for the last 8 yrs.initially the pain was tolerable, but since last 2 yrs it has become unbearable, i am not able to sit or travel. If i sit within seconds a shooting pain starts in my lower pain near the tail bone wich increases upwards till the middle back,i am married & after having sex in the missionary positin thats what my hubby prefers my back pain aggravates, my weight is 59 kg & height is 5 3\
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi deeps ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you are a known case of Lumbar spondylosis and if the pain has increased then you please get investigated and treated .Please consult a Orthopaedic surgeon and even get a MRI done to find the status of your spine and if there is any herniation of disc.He will examine and advise treatment .Since the pain is severe and you have difficulty in sitting and travelling then he may advise you rest and traction or even if need be surgery.Please consult a doctor immediately.
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Neurologist Dr. Shiva Kumar R's  Response
Thanks for using The pain of your indicates involvement of the radicals (nerves coming out of spinal cord). The causes for radiculopathy are many. MRI is one of the tests to see for slip disc which can compress the nerves and cause pain. So consult a neurologist for detailed evaluation. Do not hurry for surgical options because if not correctly selected for surgery you may not benefit and your problems persists. I hope you got the answer. Bye
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks a lot for your advice, i am in mumbai,can i contact you for further help.

Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Vikas Dwivedi's  Response

welcum to healthcare magic
u hv lumbar spondilosis from 8 yrs, now u r feeling pain in tail bone.
better u go n take a suggetion of orthopaedician regarding tail bone becoz some time that bone is dislocated in some cases that condition is called coccydynia. after proper diagnosis go n meet a physiotherapist for further treatment, in physiotherapy there r so many electrotherapeutic modalities r thr that will reduce ur pain , start exercise to strenthen ur back under the guidance of physio only.
definitely ur pain will cum down
tk cr
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor