Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I have been suffering from irregular menses

helo madam, i am 24 yrs old. From past 6 months i have been suffering from irregular menses, usually i have a heavy flow. Last menses i got was in november 2009. But it got skipped in december and january. I consulted my gynaec, my pregnancy test was negative,and on sonography she said i have pcod. I was prescribed DUPHASTAN 10mg bd for 5 days. Stil i cudnt get my menses. After 10 days, again i consulted my gynaec, she performed blood test for pregnancy and it was positive. On going for lab test for blood hcg count, it showed it was 2nd week and baby wasnt seen in sonography. Same day evening i had bleeding...within next few days it increased without abdominal pain and within 15 days it got cleared. My doctor said theres no need for dnc after sonograpy. My worry is when will i concieve and is there any permanent cure to PCOD...??
Asked On : Mon, 15 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  654
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.PCOD is a common endocrine disturbance of 10% of women of reproductive age.The exact pathogenesis remains unclear,but it is thought to be a genetic disorder in which hyperandrogenism and insulin resistance play important roles.PCOD is associated with adverse pregnancy and birth outcome,whether assisted reproductive technology was used to conceive or not.Women with this disorder are more likely to have preeclampsia and gestational diabetes.Consult your GYNEC and get yourself evaluated thoroughly.Sustained treatment and management will make you successful and achieve pregnancy.Thanks and good luck.
Answered: Sun, 4 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

PCOD is common nowadays. 2 of my friends have it and are currently on treatment. Once PCOD is cleared, then chances of conception does improve. So you should wait till then. May be for around 6 months of treatment would be necessary.

Answered: Wed, 17 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor