Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

I have been suffering from Vitiligo, kindly advice me

Hello, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from Vitiligo for past 10 years, and it is stable for around 7 years now. It does not respond any more to any ,medication. I consulted some doctors and have been advised plastic surgery . The remaining spots are small and are located at scrotum and penis. The doctor has adviced, excision and Z plasty for the smaller patches and Melanocyte transplant for one relatively large patch. I am not able to decide what to do. Not sure how safe it is. Kindly advice.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  375
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
I think you should go for melanocyte replacement therapy for all your lesions. It is a safe and effective therapy. You may also consider localized phototherapy. Continue your medical treatment till then. I have been working on vitiligo for the past 4 years and can assure you that you will be fine after the procedure. Avoid getting the lesions excised.
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor