I have been put on thyroxine today, have taken 100 mg and feeling terrible shakes, heart racing and panic attacks

i have been put on thyroxine today, i have taken 100 mg and am feeling terrible, shakes , heart racing and panic attacks, is this normal, i was suffering panic attacks before i took the thryoxine and wondered if it has made it worse, i feel so helpless, my doctor has also put me on ampytriptiline 100 mg which i have to take at night, which i will take the first one tonight i have been given throxine for a underactive thyroid i have to take 100 mg a day, i have also been given amitriptyline to help with sleep. i have taken my first dose of levothroxine today and have got the shakes and racing heart, and feel quite bad, i am suffering with stress and thought taking the medication would stop the panics, but feel worse now, is this normal, do you think once i take the amitriptyline will help me tonight, or should i take it now?
Mon, 18 Apr 2011