I have been prescribed Carafate for esophagus, stomach and small

I have been prescribed Carafate for esophagus, stomach and small intestine acid damage since August 20th, which I take daily, 15 ml/dose. I have run out a week before I can get my Rx refilled. My GI Dr's nurse told me to take Pepto Bismol until I can resume taking Carafate. Do you agree and how much should I take daily? Never mind. I can't afford $20. to get my question answered. I'll ask pharmacist in the morning. Don't Docs make enough? The greed in this world has become overwhelming and disgusting. Thanks for contributing to it!
Wed, 17 Oct 2018