Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

I have been having sleep apnea, what is the treatment ?

been having sleep apnea for the past couple months, just woke up and had heaviness in my chest , chills, and pain in my left arm I'm 32 years old, female, 189ilbs 5'6"
Asked On : Wed, 14 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  333
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hey sorry, I could see only now. I think you have to see an ER. This should not be left alone. Most of the sleep disorders land up in Heart attack also. You will be saved if otherwise.

Answered: Sun, 18 Apr 2010
Psychiatrist Dr. Manjula Rau's  Response
dear t
a sense of chocking suddenly when you are sleeping
but usually it is not associated with heaviness of chest or pain inl arm
so please see a cardilogist to rule out cardiac problem
all the best
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
thanks for your query.
You may be having obstructive sleep apnea. You should visit a pulmonologist. You will have to undergo a sleep study after which you may need to use a C-PAP machine when you sleep in the night. Also reducing weight will help .
Hope this helps. Thanks!
Answered: Sun, 13 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor