Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

I have been having severe neck and back pain. Should I visit to a neurologist, a cardiologist or an orthopedic ?

Hi! I have been having frequent neckache at the back which seems to radiate to the base of the head or skull, not sure which. This causes headaches, sometimes at the top of the head. The pain spreads to the shoulders esp. left and sometimes the neck pain starts from my left side. Sometimes, I even have throbbing pain on my right hand which I feel could be due to this neck pain. For past 3-4 days, I have been experiencing severe lower backpain. For past few months, I have been having on and off chest pain on the left, which causes breathlessness , fatigue because of which I had been to a cardiologist who mentioned it is arterial inflammation for which he prescribed medicine. What is arterial inflammation? Also, I have been having knee pain , both knees – the right being the worst for some years now for which I had been to an Ortho. He mentioned it was because of wear and tear and prescribed some vitamins and anti-inflammatory gel. But the thing with this pain is when I climb or anything, I feel this cracking sound. The problems mentioned are too many I guess but I need to know which doctor I should be visiting – whether it should be a neurologist, a cardiologist or an orthopedic ? Please help.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  240
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello welcome to healthcaremagic, you have visited the cardiologist and orthopaedic for your chest and knee pain and now you have pain in the neck for which you have to meet a neurologist as i think it early spondylosis for which you will be given some medicines along with physiotherapy which you can do for both your neck and knee. good luck.
Answered: Wed, 9 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor