I have been getting constant heart palpitations. Is there anything I could do to help it ?

I m 15, I have been getting constant heart palpitations for like a year now, its got worse recently but i m really starting to worry about it. it just happens for no reason. i get really short of breath a lot as well and my chest gets tight and it hurts when i breathe in. i used to get a lot of chest infections. like every month but my doctor said it was nothing. now i just get really out of breath and my chest hurts when i breathe in. and i get a lot of palpitations. i don t know what it is. i ve had two chest x-rays and they have been clear. does anyone know what it could be and is there anything i could do to help it? thank you x
Wed, 16 Dec 2009