Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

I Have Been Getting Chest Pains And Black Outs

well i have been gettin black outs alot for few weeks and headaches im a female 20 yr old skinny dnt eat often get really bad chest pains last few days feels like its getting worse i smoke every day my hair is starting to fall out i stress alot i get hot and cold flushes every day and the black outs and dizziness feels like it gettin worse as each day goes past i get my period every two weeks and its heavy and very clotty what cldthis be
Sat, 1 Oct 2011
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
so does anyone know
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
The cold flushes, black outs could be due to possible less blood sugar due to inadequate food intake. Do you also have sweating and tremors at that time. Since you mentioned chest pain, dizziness, you need t get blood pressure checked and it is mandatory to get heart examined by a Doctor, including take an Electrocardiogram and other required tests to rule out any heart disease. Also do blood sugar tests to rule out possible Diabetes and low blood sugar as well. Keep well hydrated. Exercise daily moderately. Eat healthy, plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables which will also provide essential vitamins and minerals. Avoid missing meals. Eat diet rich in proteins like cereals, pulses, chicken, eggs, lean meat for good protein and calcium source. Consult a Doctor and discuss the possible cause of this problem and get adequate management.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Arun Kumar's  Response
Hi Sharon,

Thanks for posting your query.

I understand your Concern.

Anaemia can be a cause, as your menses is being heavy. I suggest you to get your blood haemoglobin level tested. Avoid smoking. Chest pain can be due to bronchitis also. Get your X-ray chest done. Get your Ecg done. Take more green leafy vegetables rich in iron. And also I would suggest you to visit your doctor for general health check up.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries, if any.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.

I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
you may be suffering from anaemia due to heavy periods, that is responsible for many of your symptoms. get your Hb% done.
consult OBG specialist for your Menorrhagia.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.It looks you are leading a very hectic and fast life where you are smoking excessively,not eating properly,poor sleep etc.May be you are anaemic too.I don't think you are having any disease.Sleep properly,eat properly,do regular exercises and take vitamins,minerals and protein supplements.If you do this you may be alright in just 3 to 4 weeks.Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcare magic. The symptoms you are facing are due progressive weakness due to poor diet and heavy blood losses in menses. You must visit your doctor and get yourself evaluated for anemia and blood glucose levels. You must take healthy diet rich in vitamins and minerals and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water, eat small frequent meals. Wish you good health.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Recent questions on Heart attack

I Have Been Getting Chest Pains And Black Outs

so does anyone know