Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

I have been feeling depressed, kindly help me

for the past 3 months i havnt had any friends i have locked myself away in my bedroom and stayed away from town due to a few people wanting to harm me i have been feeling depressed for this amount of time but no one seems to understand me my brain is blank all the time whenever i try to make conversation with someone my mind goes dead and i get very nervous and anxious talking to anyone please help maby theirs something wrong with my brain
Asked On : Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  361
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi Ben Cross,

Welcome to HCM Forum

What you perceived is right -Certainly Something Wrong is going with your brain.

From description written by you here my expert knowledge tells that most probably you having a mental illness caused by chemical changes in your brain.This can be controllable by means of medicine and psychotherapy.

Its good thing is you taken a step to know about it by posting your query on this forum.One thing you should know that people who wants to harm you can harm you at home also and they not harmed you in last 3 month so pls dont restrict yourself at home and take help of mental health professional .

As there are certain limit to help you online it will be most helpful , if you meet to nearest psychiatrist in person-and yes,I can assure you that he will definately help you to reduce your fear,anxiety,nervousness -will give you confidence to face the people outside of your home.

If any further query you can always post on this forum.
Answered: Fri, 10 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Satyajeet Kumar Singh's  Response
Your symptoms are severe with significant impact on your life (Duration 3 month; locked myself away;people wanting to harm me; feeling depressed;brain is blank;mind goes dead; nervous and anxious).
Psychiatrist are mental health expert to help people like you. Most likely you are suffering from psychotic depression with fearfulness as major reason for your social isolation. If we prescribe something here, the psychotropic medicines will be displayed on such public place and can be used or abused by other peoples even not needing them exactly. What you need is to take the first step towards help by professional like us. You can involve your close relatives in your problem.
Thank you...( Viewer Rating For my Answer is Expected)
Answered: Mon, 6 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
Dear Ben,

Three months is a significant period of social isolation. If you have a real threat to your life, it makes sense to avoid going anywhere near the people who might hurt you. But if that fear is preventing you from living a normal life, you have to deal with it.

Apart from the fear itself, you seem to have developed a reduced interest in socializing. You could indeed be suffering from clinical depression. I would suggest you find a doctor (preferably a mental health professional) and get the condition assessed and diagnosed. You might need a course of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medicine. You might also benefit from psychotherapy. A combination of medication and psychotherapy works best.

Hope this helps. Best Regards.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD
Answered: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor