Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

162 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have been experience some squeezing pain on my chest

I m 45, and I ve been experience some sqeezing pain on the center-left side of my chest? The pain seemed to radiate from the center-right side of my chest (around where the heart is) and it spreads up my sholders and down to the stomach, and I seemed to sweat and be short of breathe when it happens. I visited my doctor a week ago but I didn t tell him about the pains because I m afraid that he will make me go through painful procedurees. Do you think I should just ignore it?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
TOM!!! Did that wake you up?? You NEVER hide anything from your doctor! How old did you say you are ? 5? OH! 45! But seriously, you MUST tell your doctor about those pains. Any tests will not be any more painful than a simple blood test. We don't mess around when we're talking about the heart area of a 45-year old man. And the short of breathness and the sweating. PLEASE do not ignore it. If this keeps happening, you MUST go back and tell him. I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN STRESS IT TO YOU ANYMORE. Very sincerely, Lynn ;(
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, i am 34 fem . 58kgs/166 cm. blood tests 2 months ago showed slight anemia, perfect cholesterol, trigly all perfect. exercise 3-5times a week. i hadn't exercised for a week due to easter holidays. today as i went for a walk(without having anything to eat before) i had pain that started from the upper back like bad indigestion and my heart reached 158 hr very quickly. due to the fact that it was my 2nd period day i also had very bad bleeding and blood clots . during exercise i once reached 175hr with no symptoms. 2 hrs later again during a walk i had very bad pain in chest and back .i did not experience sob or dizziness or anything. felt like bruising all over. although climbing stairs with a tv or exercising at home didn't bring on the pain again. was it angina ? i also been having a chest cold for the past few days.

doctor1 MD

Hi, I suffer from anxiety. I have bad chest and back pain when excercising but also at rest. I have been to the ER several times. Had EKGs and blood tests done. I also have worn a 14 day heart monitor which I was just told came back healthy. I experience these pains daily, primarily in left and center chest. I also experience what feels like a 100lb weight feeling on my chest. I am an 18 year old male. Normal activity level and weight. Heartbeat at rest in the morning is 58. I would like to know if these tests rule out heart disease. Specifically clogged arteries. Many doctors have told me it is just anxiety but this is very hard for me to believe.

doctor1 MD

Hi I have been experiencing chest pains for months actually but lately they have been really bad. Today it is very sharp and tearing like in the middle of my chest. It feels better when I bend forward but after I do that for awhile and sit up it s extremely painful. I don t know if it s normal to experience this often but today it really worried me because how bad it felt.