Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

I have been diagnosed with vocal nodule. Is MLS under GA the only treatment?

i m 54m and have been diagnosed vocal nodule about 2 months ago.i consulted many ENT specialists and they suggested vocal rest and i continued it since then and found no improvement.Now they are suggesting for MLS under it advisable to undergo this surgery or is there any other alternate method?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  370
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

A vocal cord nodule is a small, inflammatory or fibrous growth that develops on the vocal cords of people who constantly strain their voices. These are also called screamer's nodule, singer's nodule and teacher's nodule.
The best conservative treatment is strict voice rest if it fails the second best is surgery. Its a minor surgery the only reason why the general Anaesthesia is used is to prevent prevent chocking during the surgery.If you are a good candidate for GA then you can proceed without fear.

Thanks for visiting

Answered: Sun, 2 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor