Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

173 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have been diagnosed with rosacea; however, it has not

I have been diagnosed with rosacea; however, it has not been too noticeable until within the last few months. I noticed a sort of white "patch" at the top of my nose. I have a skin thickening on the sides of my nose, especially the left side, which seems to be getting bigger, and also have a redness at the tip of my nose and the redness seems to be going up between my eyes, and a ways into my forehead as well. It has become annoying as it feels like a tingling sensation and sometimes a numbness is taking over....not always, but during intervals during the day. I wear glasses and because of the swelling on my nose, the glasses dig in and becomes a bit painful. I went into a walk-in clinic when I first noticed that it was getting worse. They referred me to a dermatologist who seemed very unconcerned but did take a biopsy of the swelling on the side of my nose and indeed confirmed that it is rosacea. However, she prescribed nothing and did not give me any suggestions for care. She was more concerned about the basal cell cancer on my arm which she removed. Getting an appointment with a dermatologist in the clinic we go to, takes at least three months. I'm wondering if an eye, ear, nose and throat specialist would be able to give me some help, or maybe my PCP. Maybe the skin thickening isn't even related to rosacea. I understand that rhinophyma is sometimes a result of rosacea, altho' I haven't been diagnoses with it. According to information I have, rhinophyma rarely affects women. I am a senior citizen woman but still concerned enough that I do not develop a deformity on my nose or my face. Thank you.

Sun, 7 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am diagnosed with Rosacea. The dermatologist has prescribed Tetraylsal for 3 months and I was told that even if this disease is cured, I should ABSOLUTELY refrain from drinking alcohol. I was wondering what would happen if I continue to drink alcohol after this disease is cured? Thank you.

doctor1 MD

i have been diagnosed with rosasea, i have been useing metronidazole for about 2-3 years, then last month consulted my dermatoligist am he perscriped me sodium sulfacetamide 8% sulfer 4% topical suspention. my queation is do i use both? and also what can i use for a face moisterizer?

doctor1 MD

If I have had true allergic reactions to penecillin, macrobid, erythromycin, and even Keflex, do you think I might have a reaction to doxycycline? I have at age 70 been diagnosed with rosecea (spelt wrong) and have been prescribed this for my condition. Thank you

Loading Online Doctors....