I have been diagnosed with acute coronary artery disease and hypertension

I have been diagnosed with acute coronary artery disease and hypertension. Is it ok if I consume alcohol ?
I have been a regular smoker and drinker for the last 7 years and am 32 years now. I have totally quit smoking after I was admitted in the hospital last month, but am not yet convinced about quitting alcohol totally. Can I be a social drinker?? Does alcohol increase your cholestrol levels or triglycerides to be particular??
Thu, 10 Dec 2009