Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

I have been diagnosed with a molar pregnancy. Had an unprotected sex long back

hi, i have be diagnosed with a molar pregnancy i had an abortion and they too everything out but i o to my doctor every month to get blood drawn too make sure i don't get the caner but Ive had unprotected sex back to back doses this increase my chance of getting cancer? should i take the day after pill ?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Lawrence,
Welcome to HCM.
Once the beta HCG in the blood goes down below the detection level, then there is nothing to worry. Pregnancy is not desirable until this stage is reached.
Molar pregnancy most of the time does not lead to cancer, but as a precaution the test is done to make sure every thing is alright.
The test should be continued until it becomes Negative.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor