Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have been dealing with right side only back pain,

I have been dealing with right side only back pain, around the T11-L1 region, about 1/2 inch to the right of my spine...this has been going on for one year and 8 months. My primary doctor insisted it was the lumbar and ordered an MRI which showed 3 bulging discs. About 6 months ago, my doctor finalized realized that where I was pointing to the pain was in the lower thoracic and he began steroid injections to help with the pain. He has now referred me to a neurosurgeon because my right hip is hurting. Before I could see the specialist, I had to get another MRI and when I went to radiology, AGAIN my primary only ordered the lumbar. It’s been 2 months since the initial referall and now I need to wait (weeks) for the neurosurgeon to get me in. I don’t know how I can wait any longer...I work as a full time Respiratory Therapist at a busy hospital, which is not easy when it hurts to even walk. I’m starting to get very depressed. Any ideas on what I should do?
Fri, 9 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi sir,my dad age is 60,if in spine d10,d11,d12 are damaged it causes tb or not neurologists telling that it may be tb but symptoms are not yet seen out side only back pain is thre last 3 months now leg problem is seen pls tel me sir all are awaiting for ur reply

doctor1 MD

It has been discovered that the right transverse process (his right) of T8 has a break/crack in it... but is not displaced. My husband maintains that a visit to a chiropractor (who I have been to before successfully) is the culprit. He is currently dealing with awful back pain due to spasms, brought on by extened overhead scraping, painting of the soffit overhang on our home. Scaffolds are involved. It is high and scary, but he did not have any trauma associated with this activity other than an event... which he describes as warm tea being poured down his back ... which he ignored.. and worked thru for several days afterward. Q: Is it possible for a reputable chiropractor to break a transverse process? What ramifications does such a break exude on the body? the area around T8 does not hurt to the touch... so could it be causing any pain to my husband? OR is the pain still coming from spasms...(I think yes). He is taking 4mg Dilaudid and flexeril. pain returns when meds wear off.

doctor1 MD

I have been having oboes with the right side of my body. I have a stabbing/ cramping pain lower right side of my back. I also have a tingling sensation on the right side of my face and my ear feels although it is blocked. I am very healthy And have never had problems before so I am a little concerned about this.

Loading Online Doctors....