I have aortic valve insufficiency, do I need heart surgery ?

I have aortic valve insufficiency, do I need heart surgery (valve replacement) and when?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures ,   ,  
's  Response
You can have a minimal amount of AOV insufficiency and never need open heart. It all depends on how much that valve leaks and how fast it gets worse. If you had an Echocardiogram then they are aware of how much it leaks. If they didn't mentions valve replacement then I would just ask to have an Echo done yearly so you stay on top of the problem. I know that it is hard, but try not to stress over it too much. Nobody can predict if or when you will need surgery. Best of luck