Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

I have an infant child that cps accuse

I have an infant child that cps accuse of my child being shaken. I want to know if anything else can cause bleeding in the brain to my child other than abuse . He was an premature baby born at 30 weeks from an placental abruption.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
premature babies are prone for bleeding in the brain as the capillaries are very fragile.
the condition you had during your pregnancy is very stressful and cause hypoxia in the foetus.
In the most severe cases, the condition can lead to disabilities including hydrocephalus and cerebral palsy. Intraventricular haemorrhages (IVH) are a condition in which the capillaries bleed into the baby's brain.

The more premature the baby, the more fragile the capillaries, meaning that haemorrhages are more likely to occur.
consult your pediatrician and get complete check up of the baby.
i hope i have answered your query.
take care
Answered: Thu, 1 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor