Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

I have an inch size hard lump on my back. Do i need medical attention ?

I have an inch size lump under the skin on my back Ive had it for a few years but it is growing nowIt is hard and deep What could it be I have had an inch size lump on my upper back near scapular. It is hard and deep. Skin on top a little rough, same color. I have had it for years, but it appears to be growing now. What can it be? pat
Asked On : Fri, 20 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,pat,thanks for query.The lump could be either lipoma,a bunch of fat cells,or a cyst(a bad like structure filled of jelly like material.)When this gets infected or comes under pressure it grows in size and gives rise to problems.In such cases when you take treatment it shrinks.If it bothersome you need to see a doctor and get it
Answered: Fri, 20 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor