Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

I have an extra heartbeat. How do you deal with this ?

I cannot remember the medical term for this, but it is not PVC. It is an actual extra heartbeat. I have been on two different medications- Metroprolol and Atenolol. Both of these medications are causing sever anxiety- leading to panic attacks. Is there any other medication i could take that does not cause anxiety!!! Does anyone else have an extra heartbeat ? How do you deal with this ? This extra heartbeat is always present!
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  661
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Your going to have to give this extra heart beat a name before anyone can help you with an answer to your question. I've worked in cardiology for 25 years and I have never heard of "extra beats". The only thing I can think of are "echo beats". Why does the Dr feel it is necessary to suppress them with beta blockers.? What is your heart rate during the day? Are you hypertensive? Your question is not very clear. Please give us more information
Answered: Mon, 14 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor