I have an enlarged heart and have to take furosemide each day, kindly suggest

I have an enlarged heart and have to take furosemide each day. However, I find that it? causes me pain and my kidneys feel under great pressure and I always feel the need to go to the loo. So I ve substituted this with a herbal compound which seems to be just as effective without the side effects. Though I do take furosemeide at least twice a week. Would it be advisable for me to have a chat with my very busy GP or would it be okay for me to carryon as I m doing.
Sat, 12 Dec 2009