Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I have an abscess on my inner thigh. It is very painful

I have an abscess on my inner thy about the size of a quarter. its excruciatingly painful to touch and hasnt come to a head . what should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  385
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

Take any NSAID like naproxen, voveran to get relieved of the pain and to reduce the inflammation, i believe you need an antibiotic since it has become very painful and if abscess is formed than you need a cut and removal of pus, docs will jus do that.

Answered: Sun, 31 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

this not the first but the fourth one i've had in ten years. in the same area. is there a reason for that?

Answered: Sun, 31 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor