Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have an abnormally fast heartbeat with pain, kindly suggest

This has been happening for a few weeks now. I am 15 years old. At least once in every day (even when sitting down) my heart will race to a speed of that of a half-note and it will hurt sorely with each pump. I can also feel one of my back ribs aching as well. What could this be? Should I see a doctor? I have a feeling it may be related to the fact that I have been drinking like at least 5 cans of pop each day for a while.
Thu, 10 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
  User's Response
's  Response
You should see a doctor.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I just got out of hospital after having a suspected silent heart attack 4 days ago. Symptoms were fainting, chest pains, pain in my arm, numb mouth, breathlessness and light headedness. I already take beta blockers for a fast irregular heartbeat, constant chest pain and breathlessness. I am always feeling very unwell with it. Tonight my ECG came back abnormal. I know this because I saw the printed copy in front of me. It also said abnormal T wave, possible inferior ischemia. When the doctor came to see me and send me home they failed to even mention it. What does that result mean? Should I go and see another doctor? Is there any other test I can have done? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

doctor1 MD

helloim shana and i skipped a break fast last sunday, and since then im having mild stomach pain,but from yesterday night I M HAVING SEVERE STOMACH PAIN AND VOMITTING(YELLOW). I have a family history of gastric ulcer. I took Rantac, but no effect. Kindly sujjest me some medication,Can you please sujjest me any medicine that decreases the release of gastric juice.....

doctor1 MD

I have been having a little bit of chest pains for nearly 2hrs now, kind of more of a tightness. I just feel a little funny, but then again I cannot sleep and have been up for nearly 24hrs. I m worried that I might be experiencing a heart attack but wanted to know what the likliness is for a 28 year old? Also, I had a chest x-ray and an EKG done 2 weeks ago and they came back perfectly fine. Can it change that fast?