Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I have adisc prolapse at L4-L5 level. What are my treatment options other than surgery?

I was diagonosed last year and my MRI shows I have adisc prolapse at L4-L5 level,.My problem is that in standing I am feeling numbness in both legs (foot ) from a seated position. What are my treatment options otherthan surgery?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jun 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  370
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.Ideally you should go for surgery.Otherwise you can go for traction and short wave diathermy.Consult a experienced physiotherapist and seek his opinion.good luck.
Answered: Fri, 9 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor