I have abnormal heart beats. Is it only because of anxiety or something else?

In the past I ve had what I call flopping of my heart . It feels as if my heart stops beating for a fraction of a second then beats again. All my EKGs, have been normal. I wore a 24 hour holter monitor and the cardiac dr said I have irregualar hearts beats but nothing at my age (34) is done for it. He prescribed some medication to slow my heart down but I haven t taken any and don t plan to. I m afraid of meds. And why would I want to slow my heart down. My family doctor told me it was just anxiety , this same doctor told me my abnormal pap smear was also just anxiety. (no i can t change doctors, i have no insurance and see the county doctors who don t want to spend the county s money on unnecesary test) I want piece of mind.
Tue, 15 Dec 2009